Our top 10 gardening jobs for June...
- Stake any tall or floppy plants to prevent them being damaged by wind.
- Plant out summer bedding now the risk of frost has passed.
- Mow your lawn at least once a week, little and often at this time of year produces best results.
- Prune any spring-flowering shrubs to encourage healthy growth.
- Water your lawn and plants early in the morning, although always check that there are no water restrictions first.
- Pinch out any side shoots on tomatoes and harvest salads and early potatoes.
- Hoe borders regularly to keeps weeds at bay.
- Deadhead roses regularly to keep them looking beautiful and encourage more blooms.
- Lift and separate spring-flowering bulbs.
- Feed your lawn with a good quality fertiliser.
Finally, sit back and enjoy the results of all your efforts!