Our top 10 gardening jobs for July...
- Give your lawn a boost using a good quality lawn feed. Don't waste water during dry summer months.
- Cut back perennials to encourage continuous flowering.
- Harvest fruit and vegetables while they're at their peak.
- Cover fruit with a net to protect it from birds.
- Clear algae and other debris from ponds and top-up water levels.
- Water plants in tubs and containers at least once a day.
- In dry weather raise lawnmower blades slightly and reduce cutting frequency.
- If the weather is dry, touch up any paintwork.
- Put any conservatory plants outside while the weather is warm.
- Be water-wise! Check locally for drought warnings.
Make he most of the warm summer evenings and enjoy your garden.